Asq is pleased to have been appointed to the NSW Government Approved Supplier panel for Contingent Workforce (Scheme – SCM0007).
The Pre-qualification Scheme for Contingent Workforce is a new operating model for NSW Government. This model has transformed the mechanism by which contingent labour is sourced, managed and reported on within NSW Government
This pre-qualification scheme replaces Contingent Workforce Contract 100 and is used to access the market for contingent labour. The scheme is managed by NSW Procurement and leverages government buying power whilst opening-up opportunities to enterprises like Asq Projects.
The objective of this scheme is to provide a quality contingent workforce that is effectively and efficiently controlled and co-ordinated across government. The scheme oversees the implementation of systems and processes to manage appropriate buying behaviour aligned to Government Workforce Planning objectives and will capture information associated with NSW Government’s use of contingent workforce to reduce cost and improve candidate quality.
The scheme is designed to evolve and continue to meet the needs of all stakeholders and brings the following benefits to NSW Government and suppliers:
1. Opening-up of categories, allowing suppliers to nominate the categories they have demonstrated their capability and providing hiring managers with more choice of suppliers
2. Supplier mark-up has been standardised allowing hiring managers to focus on candidate quality instead of cost
3. Temp-to-Perm conversion fee is a sliding scale over the initial 12 month period
4. Simplifying procurement practice and
5. Removes unnecessary red tape which negatively impacts on buyers and suppliers.
The scheme also aims to reduce off-contract spend and improve compliance by allowing all suppliers who meet the scheme conditions to do business with government agencies.
The scheme will continue to utilise categories for ease of searching and reporting. Over the life of the scheme there will the flexibility to add more specialised role types as and when required. Pre-qualified suppliers will be able to apply for any and/or all categories and will be able to update their areas of capability in a simple manner.